The study I described earlier this month is completed and available for viewing and download – just scroll down a bit to the presentation.
- Privacy is not a one-size fits all proposition, yet this is the way it has been approached.
- There are 3 different mindsets towards privacy: “I’m in Control,” “Collect My Data, but with Integrity,” and “Protect my Privacy.”
- Each mindset has different turn-ons and turn-offs. People in the I’m in Control mindset treasure their ability to set preferences and conditions. Those in the “Collect My Data, but with Integrity” are turned off by those capabilities.
- Privacy policies can be tuned to each different mindset, making it possible for researchers to convey their practices in ways that resonate with all types of consumers.
- Tuning can be accomplished easily, using a segmentation wizard that assigns people to mindsets and then presents them with tailored content.