For booking inquiries, please email Steve Rappaport, or
January 15. Identifying Emerging Markets and Business Opportunities, ARF University. San Francisco
- November 12 – Judge, Marketing Analytics Competition, Fordham University Graduate School of Business
- November 9 – Overview of Digital Metrics Field Guide, Institute for Public Relations, Commission on Measurement
- October 10 – Listening for Business Strategy, NYU
- October 3 – Identifying Emerging Markets and Business Opportunities, ARF University
- September 12 – Listening for Business Advantage, Ford Motor Company
- July 26 – Lessons from Listening for Non Governmental Organizations,UN Global Pulse/UNICEF
- June 22 – “Keeping ahead of Change,” ARF University.
- May 11-15 – Listen First! Keynotes and workshops introducing the Japanese version, revised and expanded, Tokyo and Osaka, Japan. Talks given to Japan Marketing Society, Japan Advertising Association, Japan Web Advertising Bureau and Dentsu.
- May 8 – I was scheduled to moderate a Sentiment Analysis Symposium, “User Perspectives,” with panelists from Fidelity, Kraft and Wall Street Journal, but had to step out due to expanded Japan trip. Agenda: Sentiment Analysis Symposium. Registration Discount Available for ARF Members.
- April 27 – “Privacy and the Ethics of Social Listening Data Collection,” AIMRI, Registration and Information.
- April 27 – Keynote at Oderro Wine dinner (private event)
- March 29, 2012 – Panelist on SoLoMo – convergence of social, local and mobile. #MRXIDEAS, hosted by Dana Stanley and moderated by Leonard Murphy (Webinar)
- March 26, 2012 , “Keeping up with 2012 Trends,” panelist with Matt Warta, CEO Gutcheck and R.G. Logan, Manager, Insights & Planning, 360i
- February 29, 2012 – “Listening to Develop Insights for Marketing Strategy,” NYU Advertising Class
- February 15 – Listen First! Keynote introducing the Italian version, revised and expanded, Milan, Italy
- December 2 – “Social Media,” Business Council of Southwestern Connecticut
- November 29 – “Learn how to Succeed in the World of Digital Advertising,” panelist, Aronson Department of Marketing and International Business, Baruch College
- November 18 – “Listening’s Applications,” Baruch College
- November 3 – “How Listening is Changing Advertising and Media,” The New MR Virtual Festival, Main Stage. Register.
- November 2 – Listening Workshop for ARF members. Chicago. Register.
- October 28 – Listening: The 4 Questions, at ARF. Open to Members and Non-members. Limited Space Available! Register.
- October 26 – Live Interview with Indie Business Report on BlogTalkRadio. 1PM. Information.
- October 20 – Keynote, IREP, Médias Sociaux 2011, Paris, France Register (use Google translate, the page is in French).
- October 12 – “Advances in Listening,” Wharton School.
- September 21 – TastyBytes, sponsored by Compete, at The Modern, Museum of Modern Art. INVITATION ONLY
- September 13 – Future M Week, Boston, at Compete, 11:30am-1:30pm. SOLD OUT.
- September 9 – Listening for Business Advantage, ARF Summer Learning Series SOLD OUT
- August 24 – Listening for Business Advantage, ARF Summer Learning Series SOLD OUT
- August 9 – 1pm-2pm (Eastern), Market Research Global Alliance (MRGA). FREE. Information and Registration
- July 21 – 1pm. Details soon.
- June 20 – Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) Annual Conference, June 20, 2011, Canada. Keynote address and workshop. Information and Registration.
- June 15 – “Social TV Ratings,” the Audience Measurement 6.0 post-workshop event, with Daniel Neely, CEO, Networked Insights, Greg Kahn, EVP, Zenith Optimedia, and Todd Cunningham, SVP, MTV Networks, 8:30-10:30am, at ARF. Information and Registration.
- June 7 – Keynote address and company workshop (confidential)
- June 6 – RealtimeNY11, Moderating a panel on listening with (tentative) lineup including Gatorade, Citibank, PRNewswire and Kellogg. Information and Registration. Read the story.
- May 17 – Listen First! Express Workshop, hosted by eHarmony, Santa Monica, CA, 12-2 PM. ARF members can register through MyARF
- May 11 – Listen First! Express Workshop, hosted by GAP, San Francisco, CA, 2-3:30 PM. ARF members can register through MyARF
- May 4 – DMA Webinar (details forthcoming)
- April 13 – Fordham University Graduate School of Business, Judge, Richard Colombo Marketing Analytics Competition
- April 12 – Sentiment Analysis Symposium, Moderator, “Visionaries Panel,” NYC, Register
- April 6, March 31 – Young President’s Organization/World President’s Organization, March 31 and April 6. You must be a member of YPO/WPO to attend.
- March 20 – The Research Club & Ignite, I’m one of the “intrepid presenters.” 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm, Bourbon Street Bar & Grill, 346 W. 46th Street, Free but requires Registration (hurry, it’s limited)
- March 20 – ARF Re:think, 75th Annual Conference, “Listen Express Workshop” and Reception 4-7pm. Marriott Marquis (register here). Sponsored and with participation by Converseon and Harris Interactive.
- March 8 – NewMR Conference – Text Analytics – Listening is the New Asking!, My talk is: “Putting Listening to Work: Achieving Marketing Objectives,” Details and registration.
- March 1 – “Making Social Media Work for You,” panelist with Dave Evans, author of Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day, and Eliska M. Johnson of Coca-Cola. Free Registration. 1pm Eastern.
- March 1 – AAPOR NY, March 1, 2011, “Learning without Asking Questions,” The Times Center, non-members $25, Register here, Networking 5:30-6:30, Program 6:30-8:00, Times Center. You must register in advance to be put into the security system.
- February 23 – NYU, guest lecture to Advertising class
- February 21 – Columbia Business School, guest lecture and workshop to MBA Class on Emerging Media
- February 11 – Social Media Week, “In search of grand unified theory – the evolution of social intelligence into enterprise analytics,” at Converseon, 10 am (53 W. 36th Street, 7th Floor)
- January 26 – NYU Stern School of Business, guest lecture in MBA course: Social Media for Brand Managers
- December 1 – World Federation of Advertisers, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Keynote address.
- December 1 – ABA/ABEP, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Lecture and workshop.
- November 17 – Mobile Marketing Association, Los Angeles, CA, Reaction panelist.